Thursday, 18 September 2014

Black with Two September Challenge

I don't usually get a chance to scrap much in the day but with both of my boys at school today and my little cherub having a longer than usual nap, I managed to get a whole layout done!!  I started working on the Black with Two challenge last night but wasn't feeling inspired but it came together today!  Their inspiration board and sketch looked like this for September:

  

The sketch is an interesting one and I wasn't entirely sure what I was going to do with the two black boxes but I think it all turned out ok.



I started out by adding some paint to some texture paste and used a mask to put the chevrons on the cardstock.  I stuck down a couple of stems of felt flowers (which are black) on the background.  I had a bit of an issue with fitting in all my elements so it doesn't reflect the sketch exactly.  I used a glitter foam polaroid frame to frame my journalling and a piece of patterned paper for my title which took the place of the two black boxes on the sketch.  I have used the word bold as part of my title as it suits my daughter so well!  I have used flowers and bows from D'lish Scraps and a flair button from Flutterby Designs.


2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh!!!! Cute little photo. I love the title and the texture on the page. Thanks for playing with at BW2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great background work. The photos are just adorable. Thank you so much for playing and hope you will join us again next month :)

    ReplyDelete