Thursday 18 September 2014

Black with Two September Challenge

I don't usually get a chance to scrap much in the day but with both of my boys at school today and my little cherub having a longer than usual nap, I managed to get a whole layout done!!  I started working on the Black with Two challenge last night but wasn't feeling inspired but it came together today!  Their inspiration board and sketch looked like this for September:

  

The sketch is an interesting one and I wasn't entirely sure what I was going to do with the two black boxes but I think it all turned out ok.



I started out by adding some paint to some texture paste and used a mask to put the chevrons on the cardstock.  I stuck down a couple of stems of felt flowers (which are black) on the background.  I had a bit of an issue with fitting in all my elements so it doesn't reflect the sketch exactly.  I used a glitter foam polaroid frame to frame my journalling and a piece of patterned paper for my title which took the place of the two black boxes on the sketch.  I have used the word bold as part of my title as it suits my daughter so well!  I have used flowers and bows from D'lish Scraps and a flair button from Flutterby Designs.


1 comment:

  1. Great background work. The photos are just adorable. Thank you so much for playing and hope you will join us again next month :)

    ReplyDelete