Friday 3 February 2012

Bull Sugar

Its been a big few days - you know how it goes, it never rains but it pours!

Last week I received confirmation that DS2 had been placed in an Early Language Group to try to help him catch up with his speech progress.  Only problem is its on a Wednesday morning at 9.30, one of the 3 days a week that I work.  It means I am going to have to take another three mornings off, the other two mornings fall on a day when I am taking my sister for an MRI and when I have a week of rec leave (or sanity leave) booked.  It makes me thankful that I have a boss who is so understanding of children (even though he has none of his own) and is happy to work around anything I need when it comes to them.    So I need to make up two days of work, some how......

Earlier this week, I got a phone call at work from my brother fiancee to tell me my brother was on the way to the hospital, he had an altercation with a rock whilst out fishing and dislocated his ankle, broke both bones in his calf (almost to the knee). He has now had one lot of surgery and will have another lot next week to have have a bunch of pins and plates inserted.  Poor boy.  I can't even begin to imagine how much that hurt.  And he managed to injure his good foot, so now they are both bodgey.  He says it will help to even out his limp, and that he will walk with constant strut instead.  He has still got his sense of humour ;o)

DS1 has been testing me the last couple days, trying to see how many times he can do something he has been told not to before my head literally pops.  I am trying to keep it together!  Especially now DS2 is heading into the terrible 2s!  He has a temper and likes to headbutt when he doesn't get his way and is a tantrum thrower.  The joys.  Anyway like just like DS1 said to me yesterday - "its BULL SUGAR"!  I had to smile at that one :o)

Anyway I have to go, off for a last Friday playdate with my lovely chickies and their boys!  Shame about the rain, no park today!

No comments:

Post a Comment